Chinese-Forums

Master degree in business

chow0

I recently graduated from a Belgian university with a degree in Trade management, and want to attend a Master's course in trade, management or international economics in a Chinese university. I have no problems with speaking Chinese but need a little work up with reading and writting.

I have already looked at the websites of the most prestigious Chinese universities: Beijing university, Tsinghua, Nanjing and Fudan. Has anyone already attended (or is still attending) a business Master's course in one of these universities? I would also like to hear from those who have been to other Chinese universities eg Shanghai uni, Shanghai Jiaotong, Zhejiang uni,... Does anyone also have some information about the Master's course offered by the UIBE? I can't find this university in the top 20 of the Chinese university ranking.

I would also like to know how easy (or difficult) it is to be accepted as a foreign graduate student and to get a Chinese graduate scholarship.

Hoping to get a lot of answers to my questions

:help

Here is a piece of information about Tsinghua SEM from http://www.em.tsinghua.edu.cn/English/default.aspx?tabid=588

Masterof Management Program

Tsinghua SEM offers Master's degree in nine disciplines: Management Science and Engineering, Business Administration, Technological Economics and Management, Accounting, Econometrics, International Trade, Finance, Western Economics, and Political Economics. The admission for each discipline is about 25 every year (excluding recommended students by universities). The application, entrance examination and the time of registration will follow the uniform practice of the Ministry of Education of China. Applicants are welcome to consult information of admission by telephone or mail.

Graduate School of Tsinghua University:

Telephone: 86-10-62782192

Tsinghua SEM Master Program Admission Information:

Telephone: 86-10-62789880 or 9887,ext. 16

And this is comtact list http://www.em.tsinghua.edu.cn/English/default.aspx?tabid=604

Which ranking are you using? Do you have a link or something?

I am bit surprised to see you mentioning Nanjing, wasn't aware of its reputation (specifically in business) yet. As an indicator, McKinsey recruits (IIRC) from BeiDa, Tsinghua, Fudan and Jiaotong.

Thanks for sharing!

The thing with these rankings is that they are not only about business, but mix all schools together. The ranking here will give you a better idea about the schools' importance, I believe. (NB: This was the first business-specific ranking I found through googling, and didn't get any more than a cursory glance, so I can't make any comments on its reliability)