Chinese-Forums

Palm PDAs: Downloading and working with email attachments

roddy

Basically, has anyone out there found a reliable way to download, open, work with and send Chinese email attachments on a Palm PDA? I've tried doing it via webmail (using Blazer) and hit encoding problems. I'm currently looking at standalone email clients, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Will report back when I've found a solution I'm happy with.

An hour later:

Versamail just isn't working at all for me. No idea why, it's just broken.

Downloaded the free trial of Snapper - seems very good and does everything I want it to so far - download multiple attachments, save them to card, and no issue with Chinese content in word docs (although haven't checked with Chinese email content / file names yet). Haven't yet tried uploading as I can't get SMTP set up at the moment.

i'm not sure about Chinese text in atachements but as far as just downloading my email, opening attachement and sending them out, i have no problem with versamail so far.

I use gmail ( via IMAP) as well as a number of other accounts ( all via IMAP) and it's just great. Maybe you should try reinstalling versamail from the CD if you can.

Another possibility is using gmail mobile to add attachement from the web interface.

• 3 weeks later...