Chinese-Forums

Mandarin tutor in bei jing

lum69

hi, i'm from australia with a hong kong background and will be going to bei jing for just over a month from end of Nov to early January.

my chinese is pretty poor, i can read a bit of traditional, even less simplified, oh and i can't speak much mandarin either (my main reason for coming is to become better at listening/speaking)

i was wondering if there were any tutors that would be suitable for me? and how easy/hard are they for me to find?

oh, and since i'm going alone, anyone wanna hang out with me while i'm there? :P i would've just finished 1 yr uni when i go

Hey,

Chinese tutors are easy to find. There's no shortage of university students wanting to tutor, and many university teachers are happy to do it for extra cash. The noticeboard at the cafe next to the Friendship store at the Beijing Languge and Culture University is a place to begin.

You didn't mention what you're doing here, but if it's a short course, then approaching your teacher might also be a way start.

Private language schools such as Diqiucun also offer private instructors.

Classifieds on this site, or in thatsbeijing.com might also get you somewhere.

Good luck,

Y