Chinese-Forums

Hotels within walking distance from BLCU

babygodzilla

so my folks might be coming to town and they would like me to find a hotel that is within walking distance from my dorm @ BLCU. so can someone give me a list of the better hotels at WuDaoKou? remember than these are my parents so they're probably willing to pay a little more for the sake of cleanliness and convenience. Thanks for any help!

不胜感激!

The closest is probably the Xijiao Hotel. It's about 3 minutes from the West Gate. Do NOT rely on the travel agent to get the best price. My Chinese is not up to it, but even in English, I was able to get a great bargain on one of the VIP rooms--705 kuai/night including breakfast. The 'official' price is almost exactly double that. Just go there and bargain personally. When you make the reservation, they will give you a confirmation in writing of the dates, the price, and what is included (but you'll need a Chinese friend to read this for you). I did this in preparation for a visit from my husband and everything was very easy.

Mado

The 365inn north of Xizhimen is really nice--cheap, comfy, clean, friendly staff, free internet. The luxeiest room is about 300 yuan. I haven't taken a taxi from there to Wudaokou so I don't know if it's in your geographic range but it's not too far off.