Chinese-Forums

Is there ANY decent rocks clubs in BJ?

urbanstereotype

save for a few spots I heard off in Wudaokou, I only know yugong yishan as a good place for live rock when they have actual rock bands playing.

Browns on saturday nights gets pretty darn heavy with stuff like AC/DC, system of a down, prodigy and even the occasional NIN

• 2 weeks later...

无名高地 is a pretty good rock/punk club. I had a hell of a time getting the taxi driver to go there even with directions so grab a copy of "That's Beijing" and try to find it in there. I am fairly certain it is in Chaoyang so if you are in the wudaokou it's gonna be a hike.

I went to 无名高地 a couple of weeks ago and it was good fun. I *think* the name of the band playing was nameless stars. They're there most Sundays, I think. It was all original music, not covers, except for a seemingly endless cover of "With or Without You." Their style was somewhere between poppy metal and crunchy indie rock It's an easy walk from the bus stops on the N 4th ring road in Yayuncun. I can't remember which bus I took, but it probably wouldn't help you anyway because I was coming from Zhongguancun, not Wudaokou.