Chinese-Forums

草书 ???Does anyone here know it ?

daxia

Hey all

Im thiniking about learning 草书 with 钢笔 (not毛笔). I know that it is very hard both to write and to read, but I am very fascinated by it.

Can anyone here write 草书 ? I have heard that when you write 草书 you use a mix of 简体字 and 繁体字. Is this true ?

How long did it take for you too learn it ?

Thanks in advance

how creative!

well, you want to learn 草书. so what does 草书 here refer to? a kind of calligraphy art? or some kind of scratchy writing?

the former is an art, which few people can master. (even more difficult for a Chinese learner) the latter is not an art, even everyone can do that in his own style.:mrgreen:

because you emphasized that you want to write with a pen, not a brush pen.

how creative!

well, you want to learn 草书. so what does 草书 here refer to? a kind of calligraphy art? or some kind of scratchy writing?

the former is an art, which few people can master. (even more difficult for a Chinese learner) the latter is not an art, even everyone can do that in his own style.

because you emphasized that you want to write with a pen, not a brush pen.

Well, I want to write good looking characters (not scratchy, but fluid) at a fast speed. Make of it what you want.

Well, you gotta write Chinese for long time, then you will naturally write 草書

No way. Very few Chinese people can actually write cao shu the way it's supposed to written. Ocourse, you can write characters for a long time and be able to write them fast and kind of fluent, but this is not cao shu.

Daxia. You are right, very few people know about it. Actually, I have only seen it on TV & books by artist. If you really want to learn it, you need to find a calligraphy artist of "CAOSHU" as teacher.

But maybe this downloadable font may help you a little.

http://www.coolfont.cn/sort.asp?classid=13&Nclassid=188

When you grasped it, please come back to teach me. :mrgreen:

It's actually not that hard to learn, there are probably a few hundred elements that you have to learn separately and then imitate as many good caoshu samples as you can. You should be already familiar with Chinese and kaishu/xingshu though, as teaching materials are in Chinese and assume you've already covered all that. What you use is not exactly a mixture of 简体 and 繁体, cao forms are a kind of very 'cursive' version of 隶书 , so some of them were chosen as simplified forms (the simplified form 乐, for example, was clearly taken from caoshu).

Thanks for the font guyang, I was just looking for something like this.

But maybe this downloadable font may help you a little.

http://www.coolfont.cn/sort.asp?classid=13&Nclassid=188

When you grasped it' date=' please come back to teach me. [/quote']

So here I'm back! :mrgreen:

Has anyone installed and used the font? I tried it but in use, there are many characters it just couldn't handle, so the document has to use 2 incongruous fonts. Can anyone recommend something similar but working properly? Something not hollow (空心,as this font) is even better.

What about this font: http://www.font.com.cn/downinfo/1647.html

and also http://www.font.com.cn/downinfo/1648.html (this one looks like it is written with pen,not brush)

both of them are not hollow.

but as a Chinese myself (i have learned Chinese calligraphy for over 4 years), i never think you can learn 草书 just by a font. characters are not just the shapes u saw on the screen, the much more important thing u have to learn is how to hadle your brush(pen)--this would usually takes u many years to practise.what's more, 草书 may be the hardest kind to learn.take myself for example,i can write 楷书、行书、隶书,even a little 篆书,but i have never had the confidence to try about 草书,or it's just my personality, i'm not that 狂放(sorry i dont know how to translate it into english).

there five famous chinese font type, 行 草 隶 篆 楷.

篆, is more like picture than a character, and it is an very old font used in 秦朝.

隶 and 楷 are quite formal handwriting for official public works.

行 and 草 are easy to write, you know,

the tridation chinese is quite complex to write, so people simplized wrting. And this finally lead to the birth of Simplized Chinese. In the 宋代, some famous chirographer have been using few Simplized Chinese characters to write. During the 1920s to 1940s, the education department of china want to simplize chinese writing, but this effort was fail because of WW II. After PRC was built, in order to develop peoples' culture level, goverment start the simplization project, and the production is the Simplized Chinese.

:D