Chinese-Forums

Chinese Bible for Palms

Jonny Wang

I would love to install a Chinese Bible on my Palm Treo. I know they are out there and I know where to find them, but I don't know which one(s) are the best. Any suggestions?

Would like one that can do English-Chinese parallel if possible. Any modern translations available?

I don't know whether you have 文林 on your PC or not, but there's a Bible that comes with the 文林 software. Don't know if that's a good translation or not.

On a different note: I don't know why, but reading the Bible on your mobile seems quite a strange thought. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's just odd.

Thanks for the heads-up on Wenlin. I'm familiar with it, but don't have it.

As for why I would want to have a Bible on my Palm, it's mainly a convenience/efficiency thing. If I can have it on my Palm, that's one less thing I have to lug to church, pack in my suitcase on a business trip, etc. :)

Here's an HTML bilingual version. There are applications (look at TealAgent and TealDoc for one, I think) that should let you download the whole thing and save it to your Palm. Or since you have a Treo, I assume you have internet access so you might not need to save it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look at it. I'm really wanting more than just the text, though. Most Bible programs I've seen for English Bibles have search functions, bookmarking ability, etc., etc. I'm really looking for something more like that than just a straight document.:)

I am not that much into bible study, but I noticed an info about the children bible project in many languages. It is not designed for palm, it does not provide splendid search functions, it does not contain the whole body of the bible, but the text must be simpler to deal with and you will get some colorful pictures. In case you are interested: here

Ole