Chinese-Forums

What's to eat around Yonganli Xiu Shui Jie?

babygodzilla

so my parents are gonna be in town for a few days and my mom wants to shop til she drops at Xiu Shui Jie, just like every other frickin girl, mom, and their grandmas.

so what's good to eat around there? i live in BLCU so i dont wanna go back to BLCU for dinner, i would like to eat at a place nearby.

thanks for any suggestions

No suggested budget, no suggested type of food, no evidence that you've done some research on places yourself, you've hardly encouraged every "frickin girl, mom, and their grandmas" to answer and yet you come back after 12 hours whining that you didn't get any responses?

oh please rod, dont sound so high and mighty. i was just asking for a couple names of restaurant around the shopping place, hardly much to ask. ive tried looking up stuff in Thats Beijing magazine, not much help cause i really dont know that area. im not included in the "every girl, mom, and their grandmas" section.

just curious, whatever happened to my post about the Chinese people hygiene and my experiences at Wangfujing and Hangzhou?

The restaurants surrounding Ritan park are fairly decent, I've heard. Just to the northeast of the North Korean embassy is a North Korean restaurant that's not bad, either.

In my experience, though, the nicer restaurants right around Xiushui are pretty pricey and assess a 15% service charge on top of their menu prices; you might do better just to pick a small place on one of the surrounding streets there.

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday.

Might also be a good opportunity to get some duck - Dadong comes highly recommended, and has locations at Changhong Qiao and a new one at Dongsishitiao, both of which are just a short taxi ride away. Not cheap, but consistently gets good reports.