Chinese-Forums

chinese palm and a mac computer...?

karlita-karlita

:help i just bought a palm tx here in china to use it together with plecodict. now i found out, that the chinese palms come without mac software to install. as my computer is a mac, the palm wouldn't much of use for me if i couln't fix that problem...

does anyone of you have any idea what to do?

please help me...otherwise i spent a lot of money for something that's just useless for me and I doubt the shop will take it back... I'd be happy about every idea that comes up!

yeah.. bloody Palm Asia does not officially support macs. They are however the same as their western counterparts and the palmdesktop works fine.

Don't forget to get the isync palm conduit from apple's website so that you can sync your address book and ical instead of using palm's built-in calendar and address book.

This lack of support is really nasty when it comes to the Lifedrive and the treo series because the Asian editions separate patches from the western ones and you can only apply them using a PC.

thank you all very much... it looks as if I could now fix this annoying problem.

but one more question about it: do you know if my palm will also support chinese characters if I download the mentioned software from the us palm website?

will it lack any important software features when it comes to using it with plecodict?

Should be no problem. As you bought it in China you should have both CJKOS and PenPower installed on the handheld already, which is all you need for Chinese stuff. The desktop software simply allows you to transfer stuff between your computer and the Palm. Plus Plecodict is self-contained and does't require either CJKOS and PenPower anyway.