Chinese-Forums

ZDT: I'd like to import a private Wordlist, but ...

drahnier

... don't have any success, probably because pronunciation in my list is real pinyin.

Is there any way to convince zdt to accept pinyin pronunciation (instead of insisting on number tone marks)?

my entries look like this:

安静 安静 ānjìng /quiet, calm, peaceful and serene/

安排 安排 ānpái /arrange, plan, arrangement/

吧 吧 ba /indicates entreaty, suggestion, command, etc./indicates estimation or conjecture/

把 把 bǎ /hold/guard/handle/for nouns/

drahnier

Could you elaborate? What exactly do I need to do with DimSum? How do I romanize my data?

Wouldn't it be much more logical (and convenient) if zdt would "understand" Pinyin?

I once tried DimSum and found it's user interface awkward. I also hat a lot of problems displaying Chinese with it under Windows XP, so I dropped it ...

Unfortunately, like you've found out, the ZDT doesn't currently support what you're trying to do. However, it is on my list of things I want to do.

I think flameproof was saying that you can use Dimsum and copy your list into the Romanization converter tool it has and it will change the pinyin from tone marks to tone numbers. Then you could import it in the ZDT. Of course it's not the most optimal solution, but it should work.

Chris