Chinese-Forums

双核

randall_flagg

Randall,

They should be asking you if your computer has dual-processors. Intel has a new dual processor called the Duo, and alot of new computers (especially desktops, I think) have that processor (or should it be processors?).

I guess maybe it's kind of like having 2 engines in a car - more speed/power?

A dual-core processor is when a single processor contains two processors inside, so basically it's like 2-in-1. It can offer higher performance when executing different tasks at the same time which is very common on todays computers. Check out this article for more info.

Note, there is a difference between dual-processors, and dual-core processors. The former means you'll have two physical items that plug-in to your motherboard, and the latter is a single item, essentially containing two processors in one.

Wow! Thank's! That got a lot of answers, and fast, too!

So it wasn't just the language barrier but me being a tech-morone, I guess. But you awesome folks out there helped me once more...

Mmmh, that makes me think: I should just translate all the problems I have in my life (this sound worse than it actually is) into Chinese, pretend that I don't know what's going on and ya'll will help me out?

Just kidding, of course...