Chinese-Forums

CMCC 1860 and 1861 service changed to 10086?

babygodzilla

So i called 1860 today to try to enable GPRS/WAP on my phone and it said blabla 已经 blablabla 10086. i think it said the new number is 10086?

anyways, i called 10086 but i couldnt understand it. I caught the machine say 上网 and hit "2", and then it said something about GPRS WAP and hit "3"

beyond that, i couldnt make out any of the options. can anyone help translate? thanks

Yep, 1860 and 1861 became 10086 back in July... if you have troubles with the menus, you might want to ask in a China Mobile shop for help.

I often find the menus on 10086 do not work properly even if you do understand Chinese. I have gotten free trial offers for things like weather reports sent by SMS, only to find that the reports are basically advertisements with a little bit of weather. Then they message me saying they will begin charging for it. The cancellation options given to me usually do not work. So I end up going to the shop anyway.

so i went to the china mobile store and the workers were VERY VERY VERY rude. i swear i almost knocked one guy's head off. neone wanna hear the whole story?

so neone else wanna help me with this whole internet stuff? i wanna be able to access Gmail on my phone, or at the very least send MMS.

thanks.

(is THIS message gonna be approved now?)

(as you've managed to calm down and remove the obscenities, yes. Roddy.)

Can you not just choose the English language option? Or hand the phone to a Chinese-speaking friend?

10086. 1 for Chinese (press 2 here for English), 2 for value added stuff like ringtones and Internet, 4 for Internet, 1 for set-up, 1 to start the service (as oppose to make changes), then 1 to choose 'standard' service (there are a couple of other options)

Basically, press 1,2,4,and then 1 repeatedly and you should get there. I even made a recording (starts just after language selection, and the bit at the end is the nice lady telling me I've already got the service). But I can't upload it just now for some reason.

are you sure the menus are still the same? i swear the one i just heard doesnt have a language option. it jumps right into other stuff.

so here's what i got so far:

press 2 for mobile internet

press 5 for GPRS/WAP (I am sure this is correct cause the machine said "GPRS / WAP in a chinese accent)

press 1 for GPRS, press 2 for WAP (I pressed 2)

then im lost

oh rod, dont u have Shenzhouxing? I have m-zone. maybe thats why the menus are different? i dunno haha.

its 8.35 AM im still hearing the same thing, just thought id let you know. if i press option 4 its like "hai xing" or something, which i dont understand. number 5 is GPRS/WAP.

anyways, forget it this is too much trouble. thanks for the help

I have mzone - the menus are different. My Chinese friends have often taken my phone (to help me sort something out), dialled the 10086 number, and then got confused :)

Your best bet is to work out what you want, work out how to say it in Mandarin (or find someone who can) and then speak to an operator/go into a shop.

I got it (finally).

So after pressing 2 to choose Shouji Shangwang, there is an option to press 0 to speak to a human being, so I did so. I was connected to a Chinese speaking person, and I asked to speak to an English speaking one. So they did that. I spoke to an English speaking person, and she sent me the settings I needed via SMS. And that was that, simple enough.

Just for the hell of it, the settings is as follows:

Homepage URL: http://wap.monternet.com

Proxy: Yes

IP Address: 10.0.0.172

Port: 80 (I first used 9201 because some people said so. Didnt work, so I tried 80, and it worked)

APN: cmwap

Login: wap

Password: wap

So there, hopefully I have helped someone else by posting this info.

Good day!