Chinese-Forums

Summer Trip to China

opper567

From Late May until Early July, I might be going to study abroad at Nanjing University. Afterwards, I would like to travel around other places in China until September. Before doing this I would like to know how long it would take to travel by train to and from all these places.

Nanjing-Fuzhou

Fuzhou-Xiamen

Xiamen-Guangzhou

Guangzhou-Kunming

Kunming-Chongqing

Chongqing-Chengdu

Chengdu-Beijing

Beijing-Harbin

Will it be possible for me to go to all these places within 6 weeks and spend a 2-3 days in each of them?

In addition, how much will this all cost, is it safe?

If you can manage the Chinese, you can search Chinese train timetables for the schedules and prices. You could fit all that into 6 weeks easily enough, you might want to think about adding in Guilin / Yangshuo area, maybe Xi'an. Harbin might not be worth the trek all the way north if you aren't doing anything else in the north-east, particularly in summer.

You're also spending all your time in big / biggish cities. You might want to look into getting into less developed parts - maybe around Guilin, in Yunnan, or west Sichuan.