Chinese-Forums

ZDT: Request: Importing and database

drahnier

I should have explained why I want this feature: (1) I have a list roughly resembling HSK Level I, complete with definitions. If I import this list with "use defs from database", some list entries are not imported at all. I assume this is because the database has no definitions for these list items. If I import this list with "use defs from imported file", all items are imported. (2) As many of the definitions in my file are either added by myself or stolen from various websites and other resources, I feel the defs in zdt database are more trustworthy. So, importing with "use defs from database" serves as a clean-up step.

Ok, so you basically want a "use definitions from database, unless they don't exist, and in that case use definitions from the imported file" option, right? =)

Actually, that should be the default behavior of the "use definitions from database" so if it's not working right, I think it might be a bug. If you could send me your list and point out some of the problem entries, i'll check it out.

Thanks

Chris

> Ok, so you basically want a "use definitions from database, unless they don't exist, and > in that case use definitions from the imported file" option, right? =)

Yes, that's what I want.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to send you my list as an attachment in a private message.

In general, I'm wiling to share whatever word lists I have for zdt (that is three lists resembling HSK levels I, II, and III), but it's my feeling that these list are not ready for the public right now. I'm working on them. So, for the time being, I would like to avoid making the list in question available through this forum.

Just to let you know, bogleg: It's certainly a bug, since I can reproduce it not only with the list of words which I send you in a private email, but also with other lists: List items which don't have a definition entry in the database will be omitted from importing if "use definitions from database" is selected.

Hope you can fix this soon, since zdt already is my primary tool learning Chinese vocabulary.