Chinese-Forums

Shower/water issues

Fropie

Quick question about Beijing flats and water. I know some don't have 24-hour hot water, but -- this may be silly -- are there any that don't have 24-hour water, cold or hot? I was told my flat can have hot water any time, because I control it with the gas heater in my kitchen... But sometimes, like this morning in the middle of washing my hair :evil: , the water just cuts out completely. Before I call and rant and rave to my landlord, I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

• Turn off your water and then turn it on again then wait for a while.
  • Check the gas meter (maybe you're out of gas), if the meter is blank then move on to the next step.
  • Change the batteries in the meter. You got gas and new batteries but still no hot water then:
  • Call your landlord and start ranting.

Thanks for the checklist. I tried turning the water on and off again, but it still didn't work. As for the gas -- if the gas was low or battery not working, wouldn't the water just come out cold? The problem is there's NO water coming out, not even cold. And actually, I'm able to get hot water in the kitchen, so that can't be the problem. I think I've just answered my own question -- must be a problem specifically with the shower. Off to call the landlord...