Chinese-Forums

china mobile check balance

badr

When I was in Tangshan, I could just send an SMS to a certain number and get an instant reply with my available balance as well as the amount used so far for the month. Is there anything similar in Beijing?

I just get tired of dialing 10086 and pressing 1,1,1, blah blah..

I'm on M-zone if that helps any.

Thanks

Dial 13800138000 and press 2 for English and 2 again for balance - only 2 key presses.

And here's a top tip that I can't help from sharing. I had trouble remembering how to say recharge card in Chinese, until I ventured into the Chinese menu. Press 1 for Chinese and it's the first option: chōng zhí kǎ. Free lessons from the wee woman in the computer. :)

I was getting fed up with phone trees when I finally got a live operator. For CM balance in Beijing, she claims you can simply text the letters ye to 1861 and an automatic response will be generated. Since she told me my balance, I haven't tried it yet.

Having tried to check my balance through 13800138000 in a club where the volume was as exorbitantly high as the prices for drinks, I was looking for a way to get my balance by SMS.

However, I just tried the 1861, and it says:

对不起,暂未开通此项业务。谢谢您的关注!

I use CM m-zone. Sending "ye" to 1861 works for me. My phone is old and can't cope with chinese characters so I get a reply full of small squares; somewhere in the middle of all those is a number. That's my remaining balance.