Chinese-Forums

bought 汉语汉语中级听力教程 - but audio sucks...

onebir

...on about half the tracks on the CDs, i discover AFTER getting back to london. Perhaps someone has this and could send me MP3s? I'll list exactly which tracks are messed up if i get any replies...

here's the details:

汉语汉语中级听力教程,上册

by 刘元满 王玉

北京大学出版商

part of 北大版新一代对外汉语教材,听力教程系列

ISBN 7-301-07697-5/H

it comes as 2 slim sub A4 books, light green top half, with 汉语 in big red letters, - underneath this there's more chinese and 'Chinese intermediate listening course' in black in english, japanese and korean.

Then darker green bottom half with 4 people in front of a couple of temples (or something). the main reason i bought it was it's not too heavy and comes with 6 CDs, and i thought ONLY THE BOOTLEG ONES WERE CRAP QUALITY :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm afraid I don't know the particular book you've bought, but I've had similar problems with CD's in the past, both with Chinese language books and music CD's. Is the problem short or long periods of silence? If so it may be the same as I've had. I found that laptops and my VCD player particularly prone to this, but the cheap Chinese CD player I bought a few weeks ago seems to play everything I've bought perfectly. I know this probably doesn't help much if you're back in England, but you could try playing them on every CD player you can get your hands on to see if they work.