Chinese-Forums

Shipping gifts back home

billiardsmike

Didn't see much from some quick searches. Anyone with experience shipping back to US? Thinking about using UPS, FedEx, DHL. Are the procedures the same as ChinaPost - bring everything unpacked? Any feedback on their services? Any offices convenient to Haidian?

I've only sent one item, China Post. I chose the cheapest route possible (two month approximate delivery) from dalian to Minnesota, USA.

It arrived about 3 months later, delivered by Northwest Airlines. I have no idea if it sat in a warehouse for 3 months and then went by air, or if they really did send by boat. I expect it did go by boat, and that the final step in the USA was probably by air.

Cost was about 130 rmb, if I recall.

Oh, yes, I did bring things unpacked. I'm sure they need to inspect and certify contents are safe, etc. Also, don't list the value above your home countries "no hassle" customs amount, or it will be held for customs duty before delivery.