Chinese-Forums

Distribution - November 2006

trevelyan

Just a ping to let people know that the latest database release has been uploaded to the site. This brings us to somewhere around 182,000 entries in the backend Adso database and comes with the last two months or so of database edits and corrections. Since database releases are spaced about 2 months apart now the chances are that this will be the latest release for the year.

If you already know where to go and get this file, you are set. If you don't know, you are DOOMED to either (1) guessing where this file is hosted or, (2) writing me an email asking for the location of the download directory. Chances are I will tell you. The reason I want people to write me first has mostly to do with reinforcing the idea among dictionary users that there is actually human effort involved in maintaining and running this project. Free dictionaries are cool. But free dictionaries that are socially supported are even cooler and more useful.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

it's a few months after you made this announcement, but i really really appreciate it and couldn't help making a post to say thank you.

I always dream of making some Chinese related material open for every learner. Hope that I can follow your suit soon.