Chinese-Forums

Cheap flights galore

DrinkDrankDrunk

Just a heads up for my fellow chinese-forumers who might be putting off their trips to China due to expensive flights from the U.S., my folks just booked some nonstop flights on United from Chicago(O'Hare) to Shanghai(Pudong) for $783 each roundtrip with all applicable taxes included(!). My agent also told me that the cheapest time to fly will be from January 11th through February 8th of 2007. The only hitch would be the maximum stay limit of 30 days, which I think would be more than adequate for an unforgettable first, second, or third visit.

A quick search on www.kayak.com seems to yield similar prices in early December but skyrockets around the holiday season, only to drop off past mid-January.

It's heck of a deal, cause I'm not even sure that your roundtrip ticket will cover the cost of jet-A fuel needed to haul your corpulent posterior through the fourteen thousand mile journey! :mrgreen:

Has anyone gotten tkts from this site? www.uschinatrip.com My last flight I found the cheap tkt through them, but ended up buying from a travel agent friend who got it for me from consolidator (the same price), but it was more convenient with my friend cuz with this site you have to fax them a copy of id (which i didn't have handy at the time) and credit card, instead of just ordering on line. Anyway, it at least helped me to find a cheap flight at the time, which was nyc>kunming (Air China) one way for just $590. Round trip was under a 1000 for a few months' stay , $1200 for open ended or a year, but i don't know when I'll head back so i just got the one-way - just one stop in BJ and then connected rt away. Most direct rt I've ever had, and not bad for the price. And Air China didn't even weigh my very overweight luggage.:mrgreen:

The only time I ever beat that was flying one way courier for $225 NY to HK abt 8 yrs ago, but I could only check 1 bag that time:roll:

Wow talk about a good deal, I can't imagine any airline not weighing luggage nowadays and slapping weight penalties with impunity. Thanks for sharing Xiao Hui.

More resources:

www.flyertalk.com - forum for frequent fliers, great for travel tips and ways of racking up frequent flier miles on your credit cards

www.seatguru.com - most comprehensive source to find the roomiest seat on your flight!

www.airlinemeals.org - yes, an entire website devoted to airline meals