Chinese-Forums

New Gate City Mall @ Zhongguancun?

babygodzilla

Have you guys been to the new mall @ ZGC? it's the one right behind Carrefour. it's actually quite nice and big enough to spend the whole day in. the top floor (i think the whole building has 5 floors, excluding basement parking lots), is mostly still closed, but otherwise the rest of the building is more or less opened. the theater at the bottom looks quite nice, although I havent seen a movie there yet. admission is 60 (or was it 65, dunno).

several restaurants on the same level as the theater, lots of nice brands: Esprit, FCUK, Mango, Lacoste, Nautica, CK, Morgan, Aldo (yea!! first one ive seen so far in Beijing!), Shirley's of Hollywood (hehehehe... lingerie store... their Risque collection is...:mrgreen: ), I Do and Hiersun for your diamond rings.

got your standard Starbucks, Ajisen Ramen, a sushi place, hot pot, Aji Ichiban for your japanese snacks, and a nice big Watsons. oh and also a salon right next to the Watsons.

all in all, very convenient, very close from Wudaokou. i dont think ill be goin to Wangfujing anytime soon. i never know what to do over there anymore :oops: the mall's still has very few visitors right now, nice time to visit.

and in 2009 (i know its still far away...) there will be a subway station that goes directly to it a la Wangfujing subway. i just wish it could be here sooner. these days if i go to ZGC im always in a hurry, or i wait around until 6PM or so as to avoid the horrible rush hour traffic. the other day it cost me THIRTY (30!) kuai to go from ZGC to BLCU. i got robbed...