Chinese-Forums

办证 touts - are they new?

roddy

Anyone who lives in Beijing for five minutes is familiar with the 办证 adverts scribbled and stuck all over the city - for anyone who isn't familiar, they offer fake ID cards, etc, and here are some photographic examples.

However, has anyone ever come across touts offering this service? I just walked from Subway at Shuang'an (Two-for-one Tuesday!) to the Renda campus, and must have walked past about 7 dodgy looking blokes muttering 办证,办证, and 身份证, 身份证 at passers-by - and in one case, 'hellooooooo' at me. I've never seen this particular service pushed in this way. Are these new, or are they a regular fixture around this part of town, like the Xizhimen Fapiao Folk.

Ironically on the footbridge over the road there was a small army of people scrubbing sticker ads off the floor.

办证 touts - are they new?

No, they aren’t. They have been in this country for at least twenty years.

I just walked from Subway at Shuang'an (Two-for-one Tuesday!) to the Renda campus, and must have walked past about 7 dodgy looking blokes muttering 办证,办证, and 身份证, 身份证 at passers-by -

You see that there are not everyone has an ID Card in China, so those who have no ID cards but has no money to re-register a new one need a fake one to look for jobs or to do something else. These touts can help graduates make fake diplomas, and the prices will depend on what kind of universities you want. If you give them enough money, they can make a diploma of Oxford University or Peking University for you, so that you can find a well-pay job in China. Besides fake ID cards, fake diplomas, they can also make all kinds of fake certificates, licenses, papers, anything you can think of, even a fake US green card, if you like.

呵呵,版主的贴子让我想起中国的一句俗话:“没吃过猪肉也见过猪走路啦”,而今我们的版主就可以跟他的朋友调侃:“哎呀——,在中国,没办过假证,也见过办假证啦!”哈哈哈哈哈哈!:lol:

Thanks!

Yes I know what they do - I just haven't seen them touting for business like that in Beijing before, and I was asking if this is new, or if I just haven't seen it before.

I don’t think this is new. Perhaps you just haven’t seen it before, or those touts dared not to offer this illegal service to you at first. However, it seems that some of them have successfully offered this kind of service to other foreigners in China, so they take foreigners as their potential customers now.

Thanks!