Chinese-Forums

HELP from anyone returning to the USA

penglimei

Hi everyone!

I was studying abroad in Beijing this summer and fall and had to leave China to return to the States on emergency notice. I had to leave my dog with friends until I could get him here because to bring pets from China to the US, you have to follow a certain procedure and get them shots, papers, etc. I didn't have time to do this in the 48 hours I had before I flew out; the process takes weeks.

I am hoping that there is someone in Beijing that is returning to the US for the holidays... If so, I will gladly pay you as a gift (in addition to covering the costs of flying the dog, about $100 USD I think) if you can transport him for me to the US as a "checked bag". Most major airlines will transport pets as cargo/checked bag if you call them ahead of time to let them know.

I will be able to meet you at whatever US airport you arrive in at your scheduled time and take him from you there.

He's 1 year old and a small West Highland Terrier... Very shy and sweet.

Please email me at penemei@gmail.com if you are interested and we'll talk about all the details! I would appreciate this so much!! Thank you!

Oh no a stranded Westie! I wish I were in Beijing, I would help you for sure. :)

You aren't clear on what you plan to pay, however - in the interest in helping you find someone you might want to fix that sentence. Do you mean to pay for the entire roundtrip flight? Or just one way?

I meant that I would pay an amount as a "thank you" to the person... I guess the person could put it towards what they paid for the ticket when I met them at the US airport. I'm a college grad student... I don't have THAT much money to pay for someone's roundtrip China airfare. :) If I could do that, I'd just head back to Beijing and pick up my dog myself! :)

Hi guys

I had an offer for the dog for this Monday, but the guy never got back in contact with me, so I'm guessing it's off. I haven't received any other replies, so for the two of you that said you would be able to do it in February, I will probably be taking you up on it (ie begging) in two months. Thank you again for your help, guys! I really appreciate it.