Chinese-Forums

Four Chinese grammar questions

hachioshi

我学了漢語三年

Is this word order wrong? I know the following order is ideal, but is above sentence always wrong or unnatural?

我学了三年漢語

我去過中国一次

我去過一次中国

大家好馬?

Which word order is wrong or unnatural?

我chi過(guo)
越南菜

我chi過(guo)越南菜

I think the former means "I have eaten Vietnamese dish."

What about the latter? I know you've already discussed 了 in one thread, but I don't know when to start as it's a very long thread!:roll:

(1)我給ni mai了一件(blouse).

(2)我給ni mai 一件(blouse)了.

What's the difference?

ni是shenme大学的学生?

If I ask this what kind of answer can I expect? "北京大学" or "医科大学"?

Hi -

the first example: 我学了漢語三年 is wrong. THe V and O of the sentence gets broken up when expressing time-duration 我學漢語學了三年(了) or 我學了三年(的)漢語(了)

the second question 我去過中国一次 follows the same rules - break up the verb and object to insert how long/how many times you did something

the difference between the third question:我chi過(guo)了越南菜 and 我chi過(guo)越南菜了

is that with the 了 after the verb, in this case, 過, you are emphasizing that you have completed that particular action. It isn't necessary to use the 了 if you want to just express that you have had the experience of eating Vietnamese food. The second sentence with the 了at the end express a change in state/status. "I have (gone from a state of never haven eaten V food to having) had the experience of eating V food.

The last sentence example with the blouse, it is not exactly wrong to have the 了 at the end, but it makes people really uncomfortable. If you want to express a completed action, put the 了 after the verb.