Chinese-Forums

Dalian Maritime university vs DUT/DUFL plus chinese-in-china

michel

Hello,

I am planning to go Dalian next year to study for Chinese for one year. In this forum Dalian university of technology (DUT) and Dalian university of foreign languages (DUFL) are mentioned several times. However no one has written anything about the Dalian Maritime university (DMU). Has anyone attended a Chinese language course at this university? What was the level of teaching? How was the organisation of the school? Is it a better university to study Chinese than DUT or DUFL.

I am particulary interested in DMU because according to www.chinese-in-china.com the number of students in one class will be limited to 12 if one apply using this agency.

I have read several good comments about Hyccchina, the agency of MrToga, but no one has ever mentioned chinese-in-china. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this agency? I know they advertise a lot on this forum! Do you think their programs are too expensive and no real value for many?

Michel

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

I'm Tony Gora, a co-founder of Chinese in China.

We launched only at the end of last year to recruit students for this coming september.So that accounts for the lack of real feedback on the forum. I can put you in touch with a current student if you would like some independant opinion on the programs.

I'll resist the temptation for shameless public promotion. give me an email info@chinese-in-china.com and I be happy to answer any questions you have.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

And I am running hycc!

Back to your question about Dalian Maritime, they do not have as many students as DUT / DUFL. This can be a problem if you are not a beginner as there is not always a class suitable for your level.

However I know the facilities are pretty nice (they have a 50m swimming pool which I use quite a bit since I live nearby) and the location is OK.

If I was you I would plump for DUT - their programme is more established and they have a core foreign student base of several hundred. Nice campus too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...