Chinese-Forums

Taking a holliday - document requirements?

Rincewind

After doing numerous searches on the Internet and on this forum, I am more than a little confused. Much of the info seems to be very out of date. The agency I work for is very helpful but poor at paperwork and documentation and what they tell me seems to contradict some past posts on the same topic; so, even though It's probably been asked before, I ask again so as to get the most up to date information.

Background: I am an ESL teacher in the north east of China. I came here on a Z visa on Feb 26th. My residency permit runs until the middle of September. I want to take a trip home to the UK for 6 weeks between Jan 6th and Feb 28th. I asked my agency what visas, stamps or other documentation would be required for my re-entry in February. The agency phoned the local PSB who told them I needed no additional documents other than my Passport containing my Residency permit and I could come and go form china as I pleased without notice.

Question: Is the advice quoted above correct? I can just walk out of China and return again whenever I want (until September of course.) or do I need a re-entry stamp from the PSB before I leave?