Chinese-Forums

Has anyone tried Chinese Interactive Learning Software

jinjin

Has anyone tried Chinese Interactive Learning Software: http://www.cgcmall.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=cd001

(you can find it cheaper on ebay--around $60USD before shipping). It looks good, but not quite sure if I want to shell out the money without first inquiring.

My problem lies with the fact that I speak mandarin (not perfectly however) but I'm one of the illterate masses so the beginning books I've bought bore me to death with the pronunciation sections and I only learn probably 40 words in the whole book. But I need these 40 vocab books for the second or third book in the series. Also, I speak with a southern accent (Taiwanese) and I want to get rid of my accent completely (like the news casters) but only a few words need to be adjusted here and there so in the 150 pages or so of material, I might only lean 10 words with different tones than I am pronouncing... anyone know of a faster method?

Getting a chinese partner isn't always a good idea b/c in Beijing, very few people speak mandarin without an accent. and the tapes I got with my book pronounce "ren" wrong! instead of approximate r" sound in the words "measure", it just says "ren" like the bird wren.

p.s. before you shoot me in case someone else has asked about the same study aid, I searched for "interactive chinese" and I didn't find it among the first few results...