Chinese-Forums

BLCU mail problem. Please advise!

babygodzilla

Anyone ever had mail problems @ BLCU? My family sent me something on December 11th (that's almost 2 weeks ago) from America using Global Express Mail and it hasn't arrived yet. I've had several things sent from America using Global Express Mail and they always come in or around 4 days. I'm almost convinced that it's lost.

I'm about to cry. The content of this package is very important. What should I do??

1) can you track to see if it was dropped off to blcu, and just didn't arrive at your dorm yet?Go to the school post office(is there one/) to see if they have a record of it.

I had my xmas parcel also conveniently dissapear around this time last year from BNU. Now I very rarely have anything shipped to me unless I can be somewhat confident it will arrive directly somewhere to avoid things just disappearing. Even if your package made it to the post office there are probably a few more steps it has to go through b/c it actually gets to your dorm. there should be a paper trail somewhere...

Contact Global Express Mail to find out where the package has actually gone. If they delivered it to BCLU and someone nabbed it you may be screwed, but try to get confirmation from the company that it was actually delivered.

Worth noting that sometimes packages get stuck in customs. Most couriers deliver to customs and then pick up the materials when they are cleared and resume delivery. So while they can tell you something is stuck in customers they won't necessarily do anything about customs simply not clearing stuff unless you complain. Had that issue with a shipment during SARS anyway.

well i checked with USPS, and they said that it had left America on the 12th, about 9 working days ago. i also checked BLCU internal mail's records up until the 12th and neither my name nor address is listed in the "package arrival" section. so... i guess its still in transit? for a long time?

it sucks that international mail tracking can't be more accurate... the only thing i know for sure is that it has left America, but does that mean it has passed customs? i dunno...