Chinese-Forums

Good resources for business Chinese?

gao_bo_han

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend some resources for learning business Chinese? It appears there are many books/tapes out there but I don't know which one to choose. I am specifically looking a set (ie, both books and tapes), and more specifically for the real estate business (I am trying to get started). Oh, and can anyone recommend a good lexicon/dictionary for english - chinese business terms?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Bo Han

I don't know if there's anything out there for specifically real estate, but for business Chinese, I find the "Business Chinese" set (经贸初级汉语口语, 经贸中级汉语口语,and 经贸高级汉语口语) by Huang Weizhi (黄为之) and Huang Xizhi (黄锡之), very enjoyable.

Be warned that these books are academically oriented (They are similar to Practical Chinese Reader, but they use Business-oriented texts) and might take several years to work though, and might not be suitable if you need to to need to learn some terminology really fast.

5263008.gif

Thank you very much. Those books do look quite extensive and probably worth the money. Not having tapes to accompany them is the only disadvantage I see, but no big deal I guess. Anybody else have suggestions? I am especially curious to know if anybody here has used a particular set and then applied it to real business situations in China and/or with Chinese speaking clients/partners/co-workers anywhere.

Thanks again,

Bo Han