Chinese-Forums

One day visa to go to Hong Kong?

Pengyou

I presently have a single entry F visa. I will be in the Shenzhen area in a couple of weeks and would like to take a day trip to HK. Is there anyway to get a one day visa to allow me to go to HK and then return to China without having to go through the hassle and expense of applying for a new F visa?

• 2 weeks later...

As a single entry F-visa holder, you can apply for a multi-entry F-visa for a fee (approx RMB400). However, you need to get this done before you exit China. In Beijing, it usually takes about a week.

The new multi-entry F-visa will be valid upto the original validity period of the single-entry F-visa. In other words, if your original F-visa was due to expire on 28 Feb, the new F-visa will also expire on 28 Feb. (My friend has just done this for a HK trip.)

If you do not apply for a multi-entry before leaving, the single entry visa will be cancelled on exiting mainland China. Once, in HK you can apply for a new visa, which will take approx 3 days.