Chinese-Forums

Chinese Anime 中国动画

Koneko

• 1 month later...

I'd love to get the Chinese version of 《千与千寻》 (《千与千尋》) Qiān yǔ Qiānxún, not sure if this is the full title.

I found another name for it (used in Taiwan):

《神隐少女》 / 《神隱少女》 Shén yǐn shàonǚ

Original title:

千と千尋の神隠し (Sen-to Chihiro-no Kamikakushi), in English called "Spirited Away"

A very nice Hayao Miyazaki's anime.

I found the Chinese subtitles for it and enjoyed reading and comparing it with the Japanese version.

200px-Spirited_Away_poster.JPG

IMHO, I think it's the best anime. :)

Read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_Away

• 1 year later...

I would just like to bump this thread - are there any other recommandations for Chinese cartoons/translated anime? I am watching the Chinese dubbed version of Dragenballs - which is pretty good and understandable for beginners like myself (especially since I already read the comics). Also watched some "Transformers" but did not like it too much.

Ive been watching Bleach (死神) from tudou. There are dubbed episodes there, though only with trad. character subs. Heres a Tudou playlist of the first 100 eps in Chinese. Quality isnt the best, but definitely watchable.

Btw, check out http://www.kisstudou.com/, paste the link of any tudou vid and you get a download link for the complete flv.

I love Spirited Away and all the other Studio Ghibli movies! Haven't looked for dubbed versions though.

Great stuff - just downloaded the first 20 episodes. Yeah, I am also trying to find some Miyazaki dubs. My favourite Miyazaki films are Mononoke, Totoro and then Spirited Away. There are also youtube-clips of Disney movies dubbed to chinese, which seem to be outstanding in quality.

Edited by HerrPetersen

Japanese animes is a unique culture. I didn’t find anything in other countries even close to their various styles and quality. Pixar and Aardman produce good animes too but they are very different.

Actually I can’t name a single Chinese anime that can interest audience of high school or college age. For kids, there’re a lot. My daughter loves watching 喜羊羊和灰太狼. I watched some with her. It’s fun, as good as any others in its category. It has over 200 episodes so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

If you wanna see Chinese cartoons, I'd suggest 大闹天宫,金蛇降妖,黑猫警长,天书奇谈,哪吒闹海,小蝌蚪找妈妈, 雪孩子, 三个和尚,老狼请客,九色鹿, 猴子钓鱼,猴子捞月,过猴山,人参果,小熊猫学木匠,神笔马良,狐狸打猎人,张飞审瓜,骄傲的将军,好猫咪咪,善良的夏吾冬,崂山道士,没头脑和不高兴,曹冲称象,老虎学艺,阿凡提的故事,葫芦兄弟,动物王国盗窃案(not a cartoon, an show with all characters played by trained animals.), all of them are of top-notch quality. Don't even bother with cartoons produced after late 90s, they are a disgrace.

for non-Chinese cartoons dubbed with Chinese, there are also plenty of choices (for Japanese cartoons, I'll only list Chinese names):

American:

Transformers (Chinese name: 变形金刚,THE most popular American cartoon series in China, EVER)

G.I.Joe(特种部队)

TMNT(忍者神龟)

Gobots(百变雄狮)

Smurf(蓝精灵)

He-man:master of universe(希曼)

She-Ra:princess of power(希瑞)

BraveStarr(布雷斯塔警长)

Denver, the Last Dinosaur(丹佛,最后的恐龙)

short cartoons featuring Mickey Mouse&Donald Duck&Goofy&Pluto&other Disney characters(米老鼠和唐老鸭)

Macron 1(星球大战)

Robotech(太空堡垒)

My Pet Monster(我的小怪物)

The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin(华斯比历险记)

Tom and Jerry(猫和老鼠)

The Snorks(海底小精灵)

Star Trek(星际旅行,not popular at all in China, few people remember it.), The Littles(小不点).

Japanese:

Saint Seiya (圣斗士星矢,a Japanese fantasy series, hugely popular in early 90s, popularity almost matches that of Transformers.)

聪明的一休(highly influential)

大白鲸(Dubbed inTaiwan with heavy Taiwan accent)

机器猫 (highly popular and influential.)

花仙子(Dubbed inTaiwan with heavy Taiwan accent.)

OZ国历险记 (Japanese adaptation of the wizard of OZ)

咪咪流浪记,

嘿!奔奔(Dubbed inTaiwan with heavy Taiwan accent)

咪姆

蜡笔小新(Dubbed inTaiwan with heavy Taiwan accent)

樱桃小丸子(Dubbed inTaiwan with heavy Taiwan accent)

灌蓝高手(HUGELY popular, directly responsible for elevating basketball past soccer to become the most popular sport among teenagers. Dubbed in Taiwan with heavy Taiwan accent)

玛雅历险记

天空战记

铁臂阿童木(Astroboy, had the distinction of being the very first none-Chinese TV cartoon series shown on national TV.)

堂吉诃德(Japanese adaptation of Don Quijote)

小妇人(Japanese adaptation of little women)

Others:

Barbapapa (巴巴爸爸,a French series)

Count Duckula(怪鸭历险记,British series)

Krtek(鼹鼠的故事, English name: The Mole, enormously popular Czech series.)

Most Chinese between 25 to 35 are at least familiar with the vast majority of cartoons listed above.

• Like 2

eatfast- Thanks for the list. Of the Chinese cartoons, do you have a few favorites?

It's helpful to have the Chinese names for the American and Japanese shows. I didn't realize so many were dubbed. I'll probably try to find some of these online. I've watched a bunch of Transformers in Chinese, but the voice acting is pretty strange. Watch this at 4:05. Soundwave sounds like a robot version of my childhood parish priest, who tried to half sing/half speak the mass, but failed at both.

Also, Teddy Ruxpin. That's just funny.

Gleaves:

大闹天宫 is considered the grand father of Chinese cartoon of that era. It's more like a movie in length. A must see. 天书奇谈, 哪吒闹海 are also pretty good

阿凡提的故事,葫芦兄弟, 黑猫警长, 金蛇降妖 are all short series.

The rest of my list are short cartoons, some of them don't even have conversation.

As for Soundwave's voice, yeah, everybody noticed that, and I'm sure it was done intentionally either for comical effects or something like that. Dubbing foreign movies was considered a unique art form in China. And back in the 80s, China and the US were best buddies, loads of popular cartoons from 80s were dubbed and shown in China (late 80s and early 90s were golden era for imported cartoons.). And they became very popular, there were more, but what I listed were most popular ones. Now with proliferation of choices and the steep decline of American cartoon's quality (Disney's movie is still good. But I honestly don't see any quality TV cartoon of American origin lately, South Park is good but it isn't meant for kids.), it's pretty hard to repeat some of the hits of that era.

atitarev:

I don't know about that, the stuff I listed above are all cartoon I remember growing up with. Spirited Away is kinda new and at that time, I think the whole profession of dubbing foreign films/shows has started to decline in importance, and the attitude of seeing dubbing as a unique art form in its own right has already receded. More importantly, because of the proliferation of pirated DVD/internet download/streaming video sites. Kids today are used to see original movies/cartoons with only subs, I think. I don't know if there is a dubbed Spirited Away because I'm not sure if it has ever been officially imported into China, I think usually if it's officially imported into China, there will be a dubbed version. Otherwise, there probably won't be. Look out for "中文配音” and "中文字母" on the download links you have, the former means it's a dubbed one, the latter means it's an subbed one.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded "千与千寻" (Spirited Away, 千と千尋の神隠し) a few days ago. The quality is pretty good! The quality if the Chinese dubbing sounds good too. The anime has Chinese (simp.) subtitles embedded in the picture.

I have attached the Chinese subtitles I downloaded from shooter.cn. I haven't checked if they match the audio and the subs displayed in the cartoon.

Spirited away Chinese disk 1.txt

Spirited away Chinese disk 2.txt

I watched 人参果 last night on Youku.com, it's one of the few old cartoons that I still enjoy, especially the scene when Monkey King got pissed off by the verbal assault from the two Dao Monks and decided to destroy the tree. The music, his voice, his movement, his attitude, damn, this is the monkey king I like, give no damn to who he's dealing with, do whatever he wants to do, too bad kids of my cousin's age couldn't enjoy it as much as I used to do.

Speaking of:

Has anyone seen Princess Iron Fan? It's probably the first Chinese cartoon, made in 1941, and available as a completely legal free download (copyright expired).

It's a bit bizarre, with its rotoscoped animation and black and white characters, but obviously an important piece of history.

The language will be hard to follow due to low quality.