Chinese-Forums

Characters I input to webpages appear as gibberish

Brooke

Hi all,

I'm using a new laptop, and although I downloaded the Asian fonts and am using the Microsoft IME on my language bar for input, Chinese characters I typed into a webpage earlier appeared as gibberish. I can view most Chinese characters online (though some appear as gibberish) and didn't have this problem on my other computer, so am wondering if I'm forgetting to set up something correctly on the new one. Other people can apparently view what I've written, but I can't - all I get is gibberish. I'm also using the new Internet Explorer, could that be a problem? I've not had this problem before, but really want to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Brooke

You're right. I spent forever messing with the encoding in IE, and finally got it where it will display everything. The weird part was it would display some, or most, but not all characters correctly, but again, I suppose that was an encoding thing since it's working fine now. Do most of you have your browsers set on UTF8 encoding? Just curious... thanks so much for your help and advice. 谢谢你的帮忙!:mrgreen: