Chinese-Forums

can't type hanzi in QQ

babygodzilla

ah of course Roddy, why didnt i think of that. sorry it was late last night, rather sleepy.

anyways, so the problem was I couldn't send or receive messages in Hanzi. in fact, programs that use Hanzi as the main language (that is in the menu, error messages, etc) such as QQ Zhongwen, and Xunlei (Thunder), all came up as gibberish.

So the solution is to go to Control Panel, then to Regional and Language Options, and onto the Advanced tab.

In the drop down menu with the title "Select a language for the non-unicode programs you want to use" then choose "Chinese PRC" and problem solved!

Hope this helps you guys!

It was all here written before.......

So the solution is to go to Control Panel, then to Regional and Language Options, and onto the Advanced tab.

That may screw up all special characters you may use, like Umlaute, €, ² ect. I suggest you D/L AppLocale from MS. It's free to D/L. (I presume you use Xp)

Then open QQ via AppLocale, chose simplified Chinese. And now ONLY QQ will run in Chinese mode.