Chinese-Forums

Hotels in Shanghaï

nvg-brussels

Hi,

I'm a Belgian student and i'm coming to Shanghaï to do a market research. I'm assigned by a leading Belgian chocolate producer. I will arrive in Shanghaï on januar 17th. I'm searchin a good hotel in the centre of town from where it's possible to reach different parts of Shanghaï. Does anyone of you know good hotels?

Thanks in advance,

nvg

I don't know about your budget.

I stayed in the Rendezvous Merry Hotel last week and it was good enough. It is between the Jing'an Temple and the Jiangsu Road stations on subway line 2 (the green line). Actually it is an easy 5-minute walk from Jiangsu Road station. The location is not impressive but the facilities in the hotel are very satisfactory. I was charged USD48 per night everything inclusive.

I am sure others could give you recommendations of better prices/locations, though. :D

My recommendation would be the Greentree at Jing An - Xin Zha Lu - not too far from jing an temple. I used to always stay at Home Inn but The Greentree is nicer for the same price as it has carpets in the rooms and has normal decoration instead of the gaudy yellow pink and green of the HomeInn. Standard room is rmb249 a night but if you buy a member card for rmb20 the price becomes 229 a night.

Price includes free broadband internet.

Shanghai hotels are generally overpriced so to get a really good hotel you are talking over rmb1,000 a night - the rooms at Greentree are comparable to an expensive hotel, just without the facilities, but as you'll be out every night on the beers you won't be up in time for breakfast anyway ;-)

http://www.greentree.com.cn/eindex.asp