Chinese-Forums

著名东北作家? Famous Dongbei Authors?

venture160

Hi everyone,

I am looking to do some reading into 东北文化, and I would really like to read some works by Dongbei authors, something related to harbin, dongbei culture, etc.

I have read ZhaoYiMan, but I am looking for more. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!!

白石

It's probably not what you're looking for, but the one name that immediately springs to mind is 徐大辉, who writes crime thrillers. I remember that bookstores in Jilin had stacks of his novel 《卧底--中国首例公安局长被杀案》 back when it came out, and it was pretty good, as those things go. There were a few other books about organized crime in the northeast at that time, if that's an aspect of "dongbei culture" that you're interested in....

Venture, I suppose you are looking for something specifically in written in Chinese? But, you could always consider reading some of Ha Jin's short stories or novels, almost all of which take place in Dongbei. Sometimes the Dongbei-ness of the story is irrelevant, other times in creeps in quite a bit.