Chinese-Forums

Chinese Government Scholarship - Applying from within China

kezhengze

Hello,

Has anyone had experience applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship from within China? All the materials I've read give directions for applying from your home country (through the Chinese embassy), but I'm already here taking Chinese language courses and hope to attend grad school next fall. Is there a way to apply directly to the offices here? Or do I need to send all my application materials back to the Chinese embassy in the US, and then wait for them to send it back over here? Given my experience with the way things work (don't work?) over here, I'm guessing the latter...

Thanks in advance,

~Ke

I enqired about HSK scholarships a few years ago and was told that:

1.) You must apply through the PRC embassy in your home country; and

2.) The HSK score that you use to apply must be from taking the exam in your home country.

Most universities in the PRC have their own scholarship programs. Most of those programs seem aimed at students already studying at the university. Perhaps you'd have better luck trying to apply for one of those.

You can apply from CHina, but you have to get the information. Often these scholarships don't get taken up or there are just the right amount of applicants for scholarships.

I had a friend from NZ who got it twice it there are 4 scholarships to NZ I think. I applied to Ireland but since I got my irsih citizenship through a relative not directly I think that hurt me. Also some people say it can be political in who they select.

Plus there is none for the US, though there are fullbrights.:cry:

Make sure yo umake the deadline I think it is soon february or march.

You send the stuff to the ed department in your home country and they submit it to the PRC people.

Good luck, it is a nice scholarship as it also pays living expenses.

have fun,

Simon:)