Chinese-Forums

Recommendations for a reliable Visa Agency in BJ?

jieming

Hello Folks, this is my first post here, so hope i'm doing it right!

I've been searching and reading people's posts about getting visa extensions and using "visa agencies", and some horror stories about them. I'm currently here in BJ studying on an F visa but I'm not registering for another semester w/my current university (and therefore unable to get a letter from them), so i think my only option to get my F extended is through a visa agency (such as the ones found in the back of thatsBeijing).

I called one guy (listed as A&L in the back of thatsBJ) and he said he could get me another 6 month F visa in about 5 days (double entry RMB1,430; multiple entry RMB1,630). However, i'm worried that i might get stuck in a scam, and it just doesn't seem safe to trust a stranger with my passport, so i'm wondering if anyone can recommend a visa agency or someone who they've used in the past with success?

Alternatively, if anyone has information on how I could change my F visa into an L visa for visiting relatives here (I have two aunts here in BJ), that would also be great. I read on another post that it can be done, but has anyone here actually done it and if so, could you share some details about the process?

Thanks much!