Chinese-Forums

And so it has begun...where can I buy "squared" pa

Krankheit

Hello, everyone. I just received my Chinese books and am officially studying Chinese! :wink:

I have a very general question that I hope one of you good people could answer: where can I purchase "squared" paper? Not graph paper; the squares are too small to write Chinese characters in (but you know that).

I've never personally seen it at a stationary store, but then again I never really looked. Whether you direct me to a specific store (I live in southern Michigan, USA) or a website, I'd be very, very thankful.

I have no idea where you would be able to buy it, but perhaps you could just make a file using a drawing program (or your own hands if you drink less coffee than I do) and print that out. At least in that case you could determine your own size.

Or use graphing paper and just work with four squares, which would help your balancing the characters.

I just tried googling it. Found nothing. Sorry!

Good luck on your studies!

Thank you so much, Ole and Roddy (everyone else, too :)). This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Now it's time to practice the 8 basic strokes! 8)

Oh, and IceEyes, I don't quite know what you mean by your question. Do you need help with English characters?

• 1 month later...

you can also download practice paper here with 1/2" inch squares.

145-squares per sheet. i guess it can be a chinese character practice sheet, a korean character practice sheet or a japanese character practice sheet..?? :D well, it's free for download anyways..

hope you like it...

http://www.ebacafe.com/ebastore.html

if you can any recommendations for more practice sheets, let me know...

一、maybe you could use your excel software,just setup your excel the width and length of the cell (or column),and then print it,maybe,maybe it works,but i never try it.

可以试试用EXCEL软件,设置一下其cell的宽度和高度,然后打印出来,我没有试过,但我想应该是可以的。哈哈。

二、i think this stuff is not essential thing for your study。you just need to practice writing it. not with it.我倒是觉得似乎田子本不是一个必须的东西,当然我们小时候最初的时候都用过,对于最初写字的规范有好处。也许,没有它,也可以练好字吧,我想。 :conf

个人想法,只供参考。

just my opinion。just my two cents。 :mrgreen:

hey, baby, for everyone learning sake, pls use correct chinese! :wink:

我倒是觉得似乎田本不是一个必的东西,当然我们小时候最初的时候(what's the grammar here?)都用过,对于最初写字的规范(?)有好处。也许,没有它,也可以练好字吧,我想。

just MHO!

good point, 39degN. perfect practice makes perfect.

i think this stuff is not essential thing for your study。you just need to practice writing it. not with it.

non-native speakers will forget chinese characters if they don't practice everyday. practice practice practice. review review review.

writing is important!

hey, baby, for everyone learning sake, pls use correct chinese!

我倒是觉得似乎田字本不是一个必需的东西,当然我们小时候最初的时候(what's the grammar here?)都用过,对于最初写字的规范(?)有好处。也许,没有它,也可以练好字吧,我想。

wow, thanks 39degN :oops:

谢谢你的提醒,我今后一定注意用词和语言的规范.特别是在这样一个学习中文的论坛里. :conf

我现在发现:我不仅英文没学好,中文也不会说了,可悲啊. :wall:wall

wow, thanks 39degN

谢谢你的提醒,我今后一定注意用词和语言的规范.特别是在这样一个学习中文的论坛里.

我现在发现:我不仅英文没学好,中文也不会说了,可悲啊.

hehe, take it easy, that was just sloppy writing, no big deal. :wink:

共同进步! :D

• 3 months later...

Um, well, about the links people gave . . .

http://www.wfu.edu/~moran/z_GIF_images/callig/callig_master.gif

is NOT good because the squares aren't square. They'd be a great shape if you wanted to practice seal characters, but not for kai-xing-cao.

http://www.omfcs.com/reg/mnccc/home/images/c_paper.html

is square :) I'd go insane looking at all their crossmarks, though.

http://www.ebacafe.com/ebastore.html

Where's the calligraphy paper? I couldn't find any.

Suffice to say that none of those links provided anything like what's used in Taiwan or Japan for kids to learn characters. Sorry, I can't tell you where you can get it in the US. Rekindles my former dream of opening up a little store . . .

When I get my lazy self around to it I'll see how stuff scans in, but I'm guessing not well.

As a final note, I do think it is very important to practice in squares (at least for some time). So keep looking :clap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...