Chinese-Forums

can you believe this? Survey for Chinese Class

bredmond812陈秉劲

hey everybody,

I am a third year mandarin student in the US, and i just got this survey for homework last wednesday, and it is kind of strange. we have to ask five students, and then prepare a report for monday. i am not asking anybody here these questions, i just wanted to show what we are doing in my chinese class, and ask if anybody else has had to do anything like this:

加州大学戴维斯(DAVIS)分校大学生对性的态度调查

1. 婚前性行为应该绝对禁止 同意 不同意

2. 在双方相爱,关系稳定,双方正准备结婚的情况下,婚前性行为是可以接受的 同意 不同意

3。 有没有过性行为? 有 没有

3a. 为此为脊髓? ____________岁

3b. 首次有没有用保险套或别的避孕方式? 有 没有

3c. 首次的恋人的年龄比你(妳) 大 同 小

3d. 几个恋人? __________个

4. 性别 男 女

remember, do not take this survey. i am only sharing what my teacher is assigning us.

陈秉劲

Haha.. yeah that's ridiculous. I would think one would certainly have grounds for not actually doing this survey if you didn't feel like it, as clearly most people would be uncomfortable answering these questions for some random survey. Particularly the "how old were you the first time you had sex, did you use a condom, was the other party older or younger," parts.

Then again it would be pretty easy to just make up some random info and turn it in too.

3a. 为此为脊髓? ____________岁

Ha ha... I don't quite understand this question though. :roll:

Did you mistype something?

I didn't know studying Chinese could be so exxxciting across the Atlantic. :wink:

It's like doing a Kinsey's report in Chinese.

Keep up the good work, young man! :mrgreen:

I could cope with 1 + 2 (the question, not the act I mean), but I think 2 a, b, c and d are so out of bounds!

On the other hand, I suppose it makes a change from discussing the 2008 Olympics, How Chinese People Respect the Elderly More Than Western Barbarians, Bird Flu, and Cross Cultural Marriages ad nauseam.

Is the teacher foreign*? Maybe he/she doesn't realize that the those questions are not acceptable?