Chinese-Forums

Psychiatrists in Taiwan?

jie2li4

I'm not really sure where to post this, but I hope this is the most appropriate place.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's difficult to find a psychiatrist in Taiwan, and how you would go about looking for one. Also, how hard would it be to find a psychiatrist who speaks good English?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest contacting the special clinic for foreigners at NTU Hospital in Taipei. They have access to the best doctors in Taiwan and all speak good English. Call them on (02) 2312 3456 x5092. Please note visits there are not covered by National Health Insurance and are quite expensive by Taiwanese standards.

Alternatively contact the Community Services Center in Taipei and ask for a recommendation. They also have a counselling service. http://www.community.com.tw/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about how many psychiatrists or psychologists you can find in China or Taiwan. The Chinese are usually not very open people used to talk about personal things. :) A psychologist friend told about Japan where people think you're crazy if you talk about your dreams.

I do have a friend in Taiwan who is seeing a hypnotherapist. I haven't looked into hypnosis too much but I can ask about it if you'd like.

You could also try philosophical counseling but that might be even harder to find in Taiwan.

You might try looking into psychoanalytic associations and see what info they have.