Chinese-Forums

Harbin CET One-on-one Tutorial Subject

Ding Yiyi

大家好

请帮助我!

I'm planning on attending CET at Harbin and am having a little trouble deciding what I want to study for my one-on-one tutorial; I'd like to do something along the lines of Current Events, but in addition to naming it I'm going to have to:

- Describe the topic in detail (what I'd like to learn by the end of the semester)

- Pick out my own books

- Describe how I'd like to be taught (ex. how much time going over vocabulary, how much time reviewing the last discussion, how much time doing the discussion, etc.)

Too many choices! All throughout my educational career the professors have decided what I've had to study, never me... HELP!

谢谢你们!

hey! I'll see you there, Ding Yiyi!

how many years of chinese have you taken? that probably makes a difference in terms of what you're capable of I'd think.

My topic is something like "history of chinese literature"....I'd love to do just straight Chinese literature, but I only have two years of chinese so that would be a little bit too difficult for me to handle, I think.

If you have people at your school (if you're a student?) that you can talk to, Chinese teacher, etc...I'd recommend speaking with them. I decided on my topic based on conversations with my current Chinese teacher and a teacher I had last year who also teaches Chinese literature.

Should be fun though...my teacher visited there last summer and said that she literally couldn't get the students to say anything bad about the program/experience, even when their teachers were out of the room!