Chinese-Forums

Free Chinese learning CD with the Times tomorrow

rose~

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here. Please delete if it seems like spam, but I just thought some people would be interested to know that apparently there will be a free Chinese learning CD with The Times tomorrow. I assume it will be for beginners, but anyway according to the link it is based on the Teach Yourself course which was written by Song Lianyi and Elizabeth Scurfield (aside: I talked to Song Lianyi once at SOAS and he's really, really nice :) ).

Anyway, it may be worth lining Murdoch's pockets this one time :mrgreen: .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/china/article1360845.ece

It's wierd, there seems to be a lot of interest in Chinese and China recently in the UK but last night I was watching The Daily Politics and the presenter made this ridiculous comment about chop suey that I might complain to OFCOM about. Ironically I think he was talking about the government encouraging people to learn Chinese at school the time.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here. Please delete if it seems like spam, but I just thought some people would be interested to know that apparently there will be a free Chinese learning CD with The Times tomorrow.

Absolutely nothing like spam, unless you work for The Times :wink:

Nope I completely forgot about it... DOH... (but we were viewing a house that we hope to buy (put an offer in today) so had many other things on the mind)... I downloaded the pdf booklet thing and its the first part of tyc as well... since I have those already I am not too disappointed...

I got the CD from The Times but if you missed it, you can still download it lesson by lesson from here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/china

The CD has only 5 lessons, so you'll still need to download other lessons to complete the set. By the way, these lessons are for complete beginners, as can be expected.