Chinese-Forums

My Cat Needs to Be Spayed

Socks

My cat went into her first heat, and I fear that all the other teachers in my apartment building are going to murder us in our sleep due to all of the noise she makes in the middle of the night. :oops:

Well, I had my husband call up the veterinarian in my little town in Xinjiang Province, and they laughed at him. Does anyone know anything about spaying a cat (obviously I can't do this myself, and I want someone qualified to do this). Any information about vocabulary so I can do better searches on the Internet would be helpful too...

The only word that I know for spaying (and I am not sure if it is really right) is 节育. Can anyone help out? Give me a website to go to? Anything?

Thanks in advance!

Use 絕育手術 -> 我的猫儿要做绝育手术 (wǒ de māo ér yào zuò juéyù shǒushù / my cat needs a de-sex operation)。

The SPCA of HK has a biligual website. But the society is based in HK and the Chinese website is in traditional script.

PS - if you want to search the internet, you might wish to use these keywords -

宠物 (pet)

绝育 (steralisation)

阉 (castrate)