Chinese-Forums

Chinese Viewer Problems

Koneko

My screen (Chinese Viewer) showed the right form though...
This has reminded me that I noticed you used a mixture of traditional and simplified characters before (in SeekerOfPeace's thread). You'd better find out what's wrong with your Chinese Viewer and perhaps have it corrected.

I read both Simplified & Traditional Chinese online, I also read Japanese sometimes where you can find some Simplified Chinese, most Traditional Chinese & some Japanese-Only Kanji. Plus, Hiragana & Katakana.

I type in both Simplified Chinese & Japanese. Very occasionally in Traditional Chinese.

I have to change my viewers, otherwise, I can see funny Kanji when I input Japanese.

Sometimes, I leave my viewer on Traditional Chinese but I type in Simplified Chinese.

Do you think that's why my viewers got so fu

K.

The inputting side is completely independent from the viewing side. No matter what language you're viewing, you can still set your input to simplified or traditional as you like and it will be output accordingly. If you're using Windows, this page will be helpful:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/105-private-chinese-schools-in-beijing37

Note, however, that if you copy & paste something in the traditional but then type in the simplified, then you'll of course get a mixed output.