Chinese-Forums

Hotmail Email Addresses

roddy

Hotmail seems to be refusing to accept at least part of the emails that the forums sends out (subscription alerts, passwords, etc) because they "may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation problems."

I'll see if I can figure out what's causing this, though I don't expect to make much of a dent in the Microsoft monster. In the meantime I've stopped accepting new registrations from hotmail addresses (as there's no way to get them the password), and I'd appreciate it if anyone currently using a hotmail address can tell me if they have noticed any problems - or the absence of them.

If you are currently using a hotmail address, you don't need to change anything. However you won't be able to change your password for now.

Hosting company are now looking into it - apparently Hotmail tighted up recently and it's affecting a number of people. In the meantime, as above. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, we only have 2683 users registered with hotmail addresses :-?