Chinese-Forums

日月明晨 - help needed...

ayala

hello everyone!

i'm working on an article that it's headline is:

你就是自己的日月星辰

i wonder if 日月星辰 means simply STAR, or does this expression has a more complex meaning?

i'll be happy to get any idea for translating this headline.

and one more question:

does 细节完美主义 means PERFECTIONISM?

谢谢大家!

Ayala.

你就是自己的日月星辰

Yes, I think you've got the basic idea but you'd need the content of the article to know precisely what this heading means.

细节完美主义 means PERFECTIONISM

Again, you're right (but you'd need Roddy to help spelling out the details :mrgreen: )

i misses you're reply somehow...

regarding the article: it's generaly about 'how to be a great partner/lover'. the author talks about 千面情人, how to become a 千面情人, and describe such a women. then she writes:

“她的魅力在于自己就是日月星辰,有各种不断转换的美,你很难抓准她。。。“

well, now i'm confused. does it means: "make you own destiny"?

many thanks!

“她的魅力在于自己就是日月星辰,有各种不断转换的美,你很难抓准她。。。“

Her charm lies in that she is every woman, having various shifting fascinating avatars. You can’t tell who she really is…

You see that日月星辰 have different kinds of fascinating views according to time and place. Some women have the ability to let their lovers always wonder at their novelty, like 日月星辰. Ala, it reminds me of Faye Wong!:D

Thanks!

so, according to your beautiful translation, 日月星辰 in this context means something like "all kind of...", "every kind of..."?
IMHO, "自己就是日月星辰" is a kind of metaphor. There are similar expressions in English, like 'You are my angel.' 'He is a pig.' 'The world is a stage where we play.' etc. In this sense, 日月星辰 literally means 'all the shining stuff you can see in sky at a clear night'