Chinese-Forums

铁扇公主 Princess Iron Fan translation help

foolip

请大家帮我把铁扇公主电影翻译成英语。以前有人帮我翻译了一点,可是还有很多没有翻译。我想先把这个介绍的句子翻译一下:

西游记,本为一部绝妙之童话。特以世多误解,致被目为神怪小说。本片取材於是,实为培育儿童心理而作。故内容删芜存精,不涉神怪。仅以唐僧等四人路阻火

I should add that while the quality of the video on my site is awful, I have hope that there will be a bettter quality version soon. I ordered two different prints of this film from dangdang.com which should be arriving soon enough. These are quite new I think, the stuff on my site is from the bonus DVD to Uproar in Heaven. With real luck, there might even be chinese subtitles on on of the incoming DVDs.

Since this is from 1941, wouldn't that mean that it is not copyright-encumbered? That's 65 years old, and the first copyright law in China was passed in the late 80's as I understand. If that is the case, I will upload the best quality version DVD to archive.org (minus menus and subtitles, which are more recent "works").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone spontaneously OCR'd the Chinese subtitles which greatly helped speed up the translation.

Most of it is already translated on http://foolip.org/wiki/Princess_Iron_Fan/subtitles now, but there are still some troublesome sections to be translated and a loot of proofreading to do. Greatful for any additional help!