Chinese-Forums

Need iBook OSX start-up disk (2000-02 model)

doumeizhen

大家好!

新年快乐!

It seems that my computer was scared by all the fireworks last night and has officially died. I can get to the apple screen, but no further. Have tried safe boot, single user boots, enough boots to fit the population of China, but to no avail. My last hope is to find someone with the original installation cd so I can do a cd-boot. I tried with the newer cd, but again, to no avail.

If anyone has this cd and would be willing to let me borrow it, please pm me!

Thank you!

Jennifer

hey jennifer.

i dont have a cd for your ibook version, but i do have a cd for intel. maybe i can ask my sister back in holland to make a copy of the cd's she has for her ibook and see if she can send it to you/me.

please pm me if you have more questions. i will look at through my stuff in my room if i perhaps have the cd for PPC ibook. keep in touch.

if it doesn't boot from the more recent one ( assuming it's a ppc version of os X) then chances are it won't boot from the old one either.

If you can't get your hands on the CD, download a version of Ubuntu Linux for mac and try to restart it from that.

i dont think that's gonna work. since i tried installing my Intel version on the old Snow iMac from my parents at home in Holland and that didnt work.

But i did found the installation disks from my old PPC Powerbook G4. Maybe u wanna give that a go. I got them here in BJ in my room. so you can contact me if you wanna try this one out.

There's an Apple retailer in Guomao who can fix it for you (as long as you claim to have your Apple Care Guarantee, but forgot to bring it to China...).

There is probably other retailers around Beijing if Guomao isn't convenient for you.