Chinese-Forums

CSC (Chinese Gov Scholarship) - has US deadline expired?

derekws

Thanks trien.

I'd actually looked through that site previously and couldn't come to any conclusions about the deadline. After some more research, though, I've realized that each school has its own deadline, and that my school-specific deadline for the scholarship passed some time ago (Dec 8th). Right now I'm trying to determine if it's possible to apply directly, apart from through my school. It doesn't look hopeful, but maybe some kind government clerk will cut me a break.

If I remember reading correctly the PRC Gov doesn't accept direct applications for this scholarship. I have applied through the US Dept of Education, there is a name and email I got from someone in my Chinese department at Ohio State. The deadline for submission to the US DoE was Feb 15th. If you want their email just to double check, pm me.

I have also heard the rumor about the US Dept of Education, but tried them, the US Embassy and others to no avail. So I applied myself, sent my application to my alma mater, who gave me a letter of endorsement and sent it off to the local consulate (The consulate's education officer told me to tell my uni to mail it directly to him, he did not mention the US DoE at all, which I found interesting..)

Honestly, I have no clue what's going on but I sent in my application...