Chinese-Forums

Universities in Northeastern China and ARAQ network

Peconia

I found that some people here have been to China using the Araq network. I am interested to use that too, but i have problems choosing a university from their list. I have been studying Chinese in university in Finland for 3 years soon, and i would like to take some courses suitable for my level in China. Does anyone know how can i find out my Chinese level to know what kind of courses i should take? And does anyone have some experiences from the following universities and their Chinese classes: Harbin Institute of Technology, Liaoning Normal University, Heilongjiang University or Dalian University of Foreign Languages? I only have time and money to go to China for one semester, and I want to get out of it as much as I can. That's why I don't want to go to Beijing or Shanghai, I prefer a place where there hopefully aren't too many foreigners.

I would love to hear your comments about the universities above or others in that part of China, and of course also about the Araq network (they haven't still answered my emails, which worries me a bit). You can also send me email at ihmisyys@gmail.com. Thank you :).

Hey,

Adam is great (ARAQ network). Don't worry. I think he's out of the country right now for holiday and will be back in China soon and answering e-mails--I spoke to him last week. Check out my post about my experience last summer:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/12-horse-horse-tiger-tiger-slang-and-idioms490&highlight=dalian

Any university you go to will have its own set of programs and assessment levels. It truly depends on the place you go, but all will offer at least 3 levels of classes and many options for you to take whatever other classes you want to. I've found the Chinese system to be fairly flexible in allowing me to decide what level I want to go to.

As a side note, I am looking to possibly use ARAQ again in the future, perhaps as soon as next year some time.

~Amanda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm also trying to reach the ARAQ network by phone and e-mail but I can't seem to get any success with both methods so far.

By phone the line is always busy and by email, well, no answers !

Their services seems to be very interesting and I would like to see if they could help me for a study trip next fall. I really hope they are still in business.

Thanks!

Hi,

The Araq network and Adam are great. I used them when I went to Harbin. They help you with everything. Mr Wang who lives in Harbin, and works for Adam is the nicest guy ever. I wrote a little bit about my life in Harbin, check it out if you want:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/15-cctv-learn-chinese019

I will probably go to China in September, and stay there for a year, and I will definately use the Araq network again.